- Design: Products are design by Dell Product Teams. Fully vetted and qualified with all pertinent content that delivers the highest quality in the marketplace.
- Branding: Dell has provided product SKU’s on ALL their PowerEdge servers that allow our customers to brand the system (Bezel) and Packaging (Box). Splash screens and LCD’s (located on the servers) can also be customer branded.
- Compliance: Dell’s product certications cover all the major countries that customers would ship to. A custom design would require additional engineering fees (NRE) to test and validate to each country which costs significant amount of money ($50k+).
- Support: Dell’s ProSupport offers clients a seamless, easy to use support organization to assure onsite break-fix repairs of any failed system/component. White box designs require parts logistics and 3rd party onsite technicians to deliver the same type of support. These costs are significant when compared to Dell’s offering. Dell support is purchased with each product and is offers clients several flexible offerings depending on their customer SLA’s.
- Life Cycle: Products are offered with roughly 3yr product life cycles at launch. This is typically more than enough for customers who need to introduce additional technology features to support their changing software requirements. Programs that extend the life cycle of Dell products are also offered if customer requirements dictated life-extention.
- Brand Protection
Leveraging Dell’s leading product design, quality and support assures clients that they get the best quality rates in the industry and quick, efficient support when failures to occur.
- What Service Level Agreement do you want to offer your clients? Next Day onsite support, 4-Hour Mission Critical response?
- Do you want this support on a global basis?
- Do your customers want to keep their hard drives when they fail due to sensitive data that resides on the storage device?
- Does the product offer certifications for the countries you are targeting for sales? If not, what are the NRE costs to achieve these certifications?
- What is the process for the support model when problems occur? This will be your customers experience! You want to make sure your brand is offered with a best-in-class experience and your partner should deliver on this expectation. References from other clients should be requested to assure you are getting what you expect.
When CCI engages a client our first questions are:
- Will you be deploying your solution globally?
- How will you support the product when it fails and what Service Level Agreement (SLA) do you want to offer your customer (eg. Onsite repair – Next business day)
Our experience tells us that these two questions are more important to delivering you the best solution than just focusing on a hardware platform. The answers to the questions above help us determine the best technology partner for your solution and these are the first questions an integrator should be asking its prospective clients.
If you are deploying globally then your platform needs to have the certifications necessary for your targeted regions. If they don’t then your product may get caught up in customs.
If you want Global Onsite support the service solution should be quick, seamless and cost effective. Service is where our customers get their brand recognition. No one pays attention to the hardware platform until it fails. The experience the customer has with service triage, response rates, and repair SLA’s are the key ingredients to protecting your brand. Make sure this element of the offering you choose is fully vetted so you are sure the service process meets your expectations.